Sunday, August 10, 2014

Erie wins series 2-1

After the disappointing sweep in Akron, me and the guys boarded the bus and headed to Erie for a three-game weekend series against the Seawolves.  Skip decided to give me Friday off to rest up since I had just returned from the DL.  Turns out I was never needed as we went on to win 12-7 in a game that was never really in doubt.

Saturday's game saw Erie jump out to a 4-0 lead before we tied it in the 5th at 4-4. Erie then went up by one in the 7th but we tied it back up in the 8th.  Unfortunately, after Erie scored two more in the bottom of the 8th, we couldn't answer in the 9th and lost 7-5.  I didn't really help the cause by going 1-5 on the day.  My lone hit was a triple in the 1st inning but I was left stranded.  

Sunday's game was not one of our best outings at all.  We ended up losing 6-1 in a game where we didn't even get out first hit until the 5th inning and our only run came in the 8th.  Another disappointing day for me as I finished 1-4 with one RBI. 

We are headed home for a day off tomorrow before we open up a six-game homestand on Tuesday.  The Bowie Baysox come in Tuesday for a three-game series followed by a weekend series against the Harrisburg Senators.  We would love to see you and your family out at the park to cheer us on.  Hope to see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment