Friday, June 20, 2014

Two weeks since my injury

Yeah, two weeks ago was when I slid into second and my life changed.  It was a normal slide like I have done a thousand times but this time something went wrong.  This time I didn't pop up like normal.  This time I didn't get up at all.  This time instead of popping up, something popped and I fractured my ankle.  Now, two weeks later, I am growing frustrated as I sit at home while my teammates travel around and take to the diamond playing the game I love.  I don't know if I can deal with this much longer.

As for the team, Tuesday began a three game series with the Senators in Harrisburg and we were able to double them up as we won 6-3.  We weren't so lucky on Wednesday as we loss 6-1 and despite jumping out to a 4-0 lead on Thursday, we loss that one too, 6-4.

Now the boys come home for six-game homestand as we welcome Reading and then Altoona to New Britain Stadium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment