Sunday, July 6, 2014

Series catch-up and a series lost

As my Walking Dead marathon came to a conclusion, I managed to catch up on a couple of other series that I've been following (gotta love a DVR).
First, I caught up on the new HBO series The Leftovers.  Still not sure if I like it or not.  I watched the premiere on the DVR then caught the second show tonight.  It is different, that's for sure.  Its about a small town in New York dealing with the disappearance of part of the people three years ago.  It seems that 2% of the population just vanished from the face of the earth.  Like I said, different. 
Of course, since it's Sunday, I had to watch True Blood.  Couldn't believe that Alcide got killed but hey, they killed Tara in the first episode this season.  I guess, since it's the final season, anything goes.  
Now it is time to catch up on AMC's new series Halt and Catch Fire.  If you haven't checked this one out, you should.  Especially if you are a nerd like me. 

Oh yeah, the team didn't fare well in Portland losing the series 2-1. After squeezing out a 2-1 win on Independence Day, my Cats lost Saturday 7-3 and Sunday 6-4.  Now they are headed to New Hampshire for another four-game series.  Let's hope we sweep them like we did last time.  I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment