Monday, July 14, 2014

Two for you - two for me

Well, the Fightin' Phils came to town for another four-game series as we head into the all-star break.  Things started out well on Friday as we managed to win a pitching duel 1-0.  Saturday was a quick turn around as we had an early start but still managed to win 3-0.  With back-to-back shutouts, we looked for the three-peat on Sunday afternoon but Reading had other ideas.  They lit us up for 5 runs in the first and we never really recovered.  The Phils went on to win handily 8-4.  Monday started out in similar fashion as the Phils scored four in the first to take the early lead.  We managed to come back and take a 5-4 lead in the 7th, only to watch Reading take a 6-5 lead in the 8th.  After loading the bases with one out in the bottom of the ninth, our rally fell short with a game-ending double play.  So we had to settle for a series split and now everyone gets a much needed two days rest thanks to the all-star game. 

On the health update front, I am off my crutches but still in the boot.  The docs say that I am healing well, better than expected actually.  They are extremely optimistic that I will be ready around the first of August.  I am hoping they are right because I am going absolutely out of mind not being able to play the game I love.  Ok, I'm getting depressed now so I am out of here.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment