Wednesday, July 16, 2014

We won - we won!!!! Uh.....hmmmm...they won?

Yeah, I sort of got confused there in the post title.  I am talking about the Eastern League All-Star Game that I was selected to play in but as you know I couldn't because of the bum wheel.  It was a hard fought game but the Eastern Division managed to squeeze out a 3-1 victory.  With three of the top six home run hitters in the lineup, including Home Run Derby champion Mickey O'Sullivan of the Erie, you would expect it to be an offensive explosion.  But quite to the contrary, it was small ball that won the game.  Thanks to a couple of walks, two stolen bases and a well placed bunt, the Eastern team were able to overcome the solo homer from Bowie's Michael Christian for the Western team.  I wonder what I would have done had I been able to play?

As for the New Britain Rock Cats? Most of the guys enjoyed their off day and are now on their way to Reading for another four-game series with the Fightin' Phils.  What is it with these damn four-game series with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment