Friday, April 25, 2014

4/25: And the results are......?

Just got back from the hospital where I had my MRI and the results are good but not great.  I have what's being called a severe Grade 2 Strain/Tear to the semimembranosus muscle.  At least it wasn't the Grade 3 that we initially thought which would be a complete tear of the muscle and would have shelved me for several months.
To give you an even better idea of my injury you can look at the picture above.  The partial tear is just below the Proximal tendon. It won't require surgery but it will require physical therapy and for me to go on the 15-day Disabled List.

I have actually started my therapy already and I am in what is called Stage 1 or the Acute Stage.  This stage requires complete rest, no running and as little walking as possible.  Stage 1 is expected to last 3-4  days and then hopefully I can move on to Stage 2 of my rehab. I will keep you posted.

New Britain traveled to Richmond where they beat the Flying Squirrels 5-4 in the first of a three game series.

No comments:

Post a Comment