Monday, April 7, 2014

Senators rally vetoed

I know, I know.  The post title was a really bad play on words but it does fit.  After all, it looked like we had the game won as we headed into the top of the 9th leading 6-3.  But when we went to our bullpen to close it in the ninth, the wheels fell off.  Castilla gave up four runs on three hits and three walks in two thirds of an inning.  I'm just glad he struck out two or it could have been a lot worse.  Luckily Guardado was able to come in and shut the door and for us but we were still down 7-6 heading into the bottom of the ninth. Thanks to Rivera's walk-off two run home run, we were able to sneak out a 8-7 win. 

I started out slow grounding out to 2nd in the 1st inning but then had a double in the 4th.  I added a 3-run home run in the 5th before finishing my night by flying out to deep right.  So I was 2-4 with one HR and 3 RBIs.  That bumps my avg. up to .454 with 4 HRs and 15 RBIs on the season.

Check back tomorrow for game two with Harrisburg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment