Friday, April 11, 2014

Back on track?

Ahhhh, what a difference a good night of sleep can make.  We were able to bounce back tonight and get the convincing 7-1 win. I'll have to say, spirits were pretty high during batting practice and that I had a good feeling prior to the start.  We managed to scatter 11 hits from seven different players and Willey was strong on the mound going the distance scattering 7 hits and striking out six for the complete game. 

Like I said, I had a good feeling for today between batting practice and the start of the game.  After BP, I went back to the locker room and tried to relax.  I tried to mentally go back to those years ago when my grandfather would play ball with me in the yard.  I visualized him pitching me the ball and me hitting it as hard as I could, which wasn't very hard since I was three or four years old at the time.  Another reason I was probably thinking about him was today would have been his 93rd birthday.  I wish he could have seen me play and play is exactly what I did today.  I started the day with a solo home run in the 2nd followed by a single in the 4th.  But my crowning achievement came in the 5th inning when I hit another grand slam (my third of the young season) for my second home run of the day.  I came up one more time in the 8th and barely missed another homer as the center fielder got me on the warning track.  Overall, 3-4 with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs pushing my season totals to a .384 avg with 8 HRs and 23 RBIs through nine games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment