Saturday, April 5, 2014

What a crazy night

Tonight was game three of a four game series against Richmond and we were looking for our third win in a row to start the season.  Coming into the game, I have to say I was feeling pretty good. I was coming in batting .444 with one home run (the first night grand slam) and 5 RBIs.  Not too shabby to start off the season.  I was hoping to continue this in tonight's game.  But what happened tonight can only be described in one word - CRAZY! 

First of all, let me say that we did win the game.  And we won it rather easily.  We scored three in the 1st and 3rd innings.  Then followed that up with five in the 4th and 4 in the 5th and finally one in the 6th.  That's 16 runs in the first six innings and before they even managed to get on the board.  They did manage to eek out a run in both the 7th and 9th but never really challenged as we won 16-2.

As for me, I said it was crazy.  I singled in the 1st and then followed that up with a 2-run home run in the 3rd.  Not one to relax, I then came up in the bottom of the fourth with bases loaded and hit my second grand slam of the season and second home run of the game. I followed that up with a an RBI single in the 6th before flying out in shallow left to the shortstop.  So my final line was 4-5 with 2 HRs and 7 RBIs.  My batting average has now ballooned to a comforting .571 but it's only three games into the season. 

We try for the series sweep tomorrow so wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment