Monday, April 21, 2014

Can I get a little help?

A simple question.  I don't think I'm asking for too much.  I mean, after all, some days it feels like I am the only one out there.  Like today for instance.  2-4 with a solo home run and another run scored.  Too bad that my two runs were the only ones we scored all day as we fell to New Hampshire 10-2.  I was hoping to come off the off day rested and ready to go.  But instead we looked rusted and ready to choke.  There's always tomorrow I guess.

On another note, this marked my first game at second base.  I was talking to the Skipper last week about what I could do to help the team and we kicked around a few ideas.  One being possibly moving to second base and I told him I was open to the idea. Well, today during BP, he came to me and told me to grab a glove after I batted and shag some grounders. I told him my mitt was behind him and that's when he told me that I was starting at 2nd today.  Needless to say, I was a little nervous but I managed to get through the day without booting any plays.  I'm still a work in progress but it's coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment